Come and join our team of Run Champions for an 8 week course that progressively helps you to start running. In the first few weeks we mostly walk with small bursts of (slow) running and gently build up over 8 weeks to our end goal; running for 20 minutes. The course costs just £34.80 for the full 8 weeks.
- Zero to 3km! Starting on Tuesday 13th October @ 6:15pm at the Castle Grounds, Tamworth
- We meet at the same time and meeting place every week, for 8 weeks
- We will invite you to access to our private Facebook group – this is the hub of the club chatter, you can arrange to meet other course participants and arrange to do your optional homework together. You will get lots of support from the This Girl Runs Team and your fellow course participants through this group.
- Optional homework which we will post in the private Facebook group and email you after every session. Don’t worry the homework is absolutely optional, if you don’t get chance to do it, get yourself to Run Club as normal & we’ll help you build from where you left off.
Our aim of this course is to help you catch the running bug, so if you LOVE our 8 week course (most ladies do), then there will be an opportunity to keep running with us and we’ll look to crack the 5km goal. This is quite a significant milestone because as soon as you hit the 5km goal you are invited to join our improvers group; Keep Me Going!
Please note that we cannot refund any places after the course has started or for any weeks you don’t attend.
Here are some frequently asked questions;
- Do you have an age limit? As long as you are over the age of 12 then you are welcome to join us. There is absolutely no upper age limit. We’ve had ladies in their 80’s join our courses.
- I’m worried I will be too slow, will I be able to keep up? All of our beginner courses start running on a circuit – this means there is no front or back and no keeping up required. We understand that ladies have different paces and fitness levels. Just relax and go at your own pace.
- I have an injury / medical condition, is it OK for me to run? Our Run Team at This Girl Runs aren’t medically professionals (although all of our Run Leaders are First Aid trained) so we cannot advise on individual conditions. You need to decide if you are fit to run and if you need any further advise then please consult a medical professional.
- I can’t make the first week, is it OK for me to sign up and join you in week 2? Yes absolutely, we understand life is busy, you will still receive the optional homework and if you like you can have a go before joining us for week 2.
- I can’t make all of the 8 week sessions, can I still join? Yes absolutely, we give you two lots of optional homework so wherever you are in the world you have the option of keeping up with the groups progress.
- Can I sign up on the day? No, unfortunately not, we nearly always sell out of places on our courses and we need to get vital admin completed in the back ground, we will turn away anyone who isn’t signed up in advance of the course starting.
- If I don’t turn up for a week will you re-sell my place on the course? Absolutely not, we close sign up before the course has started, once you’ve signed up the place is yours for the full 8 weeks.
- I didn’t finish the course, can I have a refund for the weeks I didn’t attend? Once the course has started we unfortunately cannot refund any places or weeks that weren’t attended.